An intensive short course on how to think like an interior designer.
This course is not about trends or styling, this teaches you timeless and universal principles of design that can be applied to any space.
Typically an illustrated talk followed by straightforward exercises to apply what you have learnt.
We will cover:
1. Colour. The psychological and symbolic power of colour and how precisely to create relationships between colour to create the effect you want.
2. Style. How ideas of historic styles and visual language give you straightforward principles to design a space that evokes the mood you choose.
3. Mood. ways of clarifying personal style and making it work with the space you have.
4. Space. How to think like an architect. A practical exercise in reconfiguring a space, but without the noise and dust.
5. Visualising. The tools of the trade, communicating your design to others.
6. Bringing it together. An opportunity to work through a personal project with others on your course.
Suitable for anyone, all you need is paper and a pencil to make notes!
|Session 1||16th April 2021, 18:30 - 20:00|
|Session 2||23rd April 2021, 18:30 - 20:00|
|Session 3||30th April 2021, 18:30 - 20:00|
|Session 4||7th May 2021, 18:30 - 20:00|
|Session 5||14th May 2021, 18:30 - 20:00|
To book for more than one person, please click the ‘Add to Basket’ button for each person you want to book for. You will be asked in the cart to add the name of each individual who is attending as part of your booking.